COVID19 Guidelines for Albert Sailing Club Members and Visitors
These guidelines are based on requirements and guidelines of Victorian Department Health & Human Services, Sport and Recreation Victoria and Australian Sailing and the operational considerations of ASC and APYC. Updated 27 July 2020
Relevant Victorian government restrictions on sport from 22 July are on
Boating on waterways including Albert Park Lake is currently a permitted exercise activity, when undertaken in accordance with government regulations and guidelines.
Use of Club Facilities
* The clubrooms are currently closed to members and visitors.
* Members with a boat in the club boatyard can access the yard to move the boat in or out.
* Any member accessing boatyard needs to complete Sign In on sheet provided in club foyer. After access lock gates and wipe down shared surfaces touched.
* Club Toilets are open. Maintain social distancing and wipe down surfaces touched.
* Contract cleaners in on Fridays (upstairs & downstairs).
* Boat rigging in defined areas at northern and southern ends of ASC, individually or with one other socially distanced.
* SEDA eductional group use club facilities some midweek days in term (9.30am to 3pm) with agreed arrangements.
* Club Galley to open when return to full sailing program.
Personal Health and Safety
* Don't come sailing if unwell.
* If diagnosed with COVID19 and recently attended club inform ASC Commodore.
* Maintain social distancing and hygiene practices.
* Use wipes provided for cleaning of shared surfaces you touch on club premises.
* If you are coming to sail come dressed for sailing, and leave in your sailing clothes.
Process for a confirmed COVID19 Case
This is the ASC process for a person diagnosed with COVID19 who is at the club ASC facility or has recntly visited the club.
The process is to ensure that reporting, tracing and required cleaning occurs before the facility opens.
Socail Sailing and Race Management
* Seriously consider not sailing if weather is marginal for your skill and experience level.
* Sailing in single handed dinghy class boats only. Exception for double handed where from same family at same address.
* Club Races when allowed will be over short courses at the northern end of Albert Park Lake.
* Race starts from jetty or a Start boat. Reduced on-water patrol boat support.
Powerboat and Race Management Equipment Use
ASC Powerboat Use
Cleaning RIBs and clubhouse at End of Sailing Day
RIB & Clubhouse clean