Learn to Sail with Albert Sailing Club on Albert Park Lake
in modern design 2 person RS Zest boats, with 1 person option as course progresses
In normal years Learn to Sail programs are conducted in Spring, Summer and Autumn.
The Summer February/March 2023 Learn to Sail program for Adults and Youth of the same family as the adult (13 to 18 years of age) has been scheduled for
Sunday 12th, 19th, 26th February 9.30am to 4.30pm
Saturday 4th March, 9.30am - 12.30pm
The online BOOKING link for the February/March course has been activated and is under Course Bookin and Fees below.
Juniors 7 to 12 yo learn to sail courses on Albert Park Lake through Tackers programs conducted by Australian Sailing's Albert Park Boatshed.
Details on https://www.theboatshed.net.au/home/.
Where juniors have completed Tackers programs or are part of a family group wanting to Learn to Sail you can contact us via email@example.com on taking next steps in sailing with Albert Sailing Club.
Alternative is for adult who has sailing experience to join Albert Sailing Club and sail own boat such as Mirror, Heron, Pacer or 125 with their children
Course Booking and Fees :
Albert Sailing Club training programs are provided for club members, with a per person course fee.
The online membership application process and fees for 2022/23 season from 1 October to 30 September are in Join the Club
For 2022/23 to 30 September the senior (adult) membership fee is $335, and family membership of $480 for one or two adults plus juniors same family up to a maximum of six people..
The Albert Sailing Club fee for the February/March Learn to Sail Program has been heavily discounted to $50 per person using a Government grant.
The regular course fee is $250 per person.
|To BOOK for the February/March course CLICK on this link ASC Summer Learn to Sail 2023|
Enquiries can be directed to Don or Rod via firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn to Sail Course Inclusions
• Approximately 22 hours of tuition.
• All course materials, boats and life jackets are provided
• Albert Sailing Club is an accredited Australian Sailing Discover Sailing Centre that has been conducting Learn to Sail courses for over 40 years.
This course covers Australian Sailing's Start Sailing Levels 1+2. Participants learn to rig a sailing dinghy, launching and retrieval of boats, the main points of sailing, the basic dinghy sailing skills including tacking, gybing and , capsizing procedures, tying knots, and the basic rules of sailing.
• Programs are taught by qualified Australian Sailing accreditted instructors and experienced club sailors.
• After successful completion of the course participants can enjoy involvement in the activities of Albert Sailing Club. They also able to sail a club Zest training boat up to 5 times at no cost on designated monthly club Saturday sailing mornings, subject to approval based on weather conditions, boat availability, and the skill level of the participant.
Learn to Sail and Training Calendars are below: