Learn to Sail with Albert Sailing Club in modern design 2 person RS Zest boats , with 1 person option as course progresses.
Sailing is on Albert Park Lake, Melbourne's safest and most convenient sailing venue.
In normal years programs are conducted in Spring, Summer and Autumn.
Expressions of interest Registrations are now open for two Learn to Sail programs scheduled for Adults and Youth (13 to 18 years of age) in Spring 2022.
Spring Program 1 in October
Sunday 9th October , 9am to 5pm
Sunday 16th October, 9am to 5pm
Saturday 22nd October, 9am - 12.30pm
Discover Sailing Public Open Day
Sunday 23rd October, 10am - 3pm Details Discover Sailing Day
Spring Program 2 in November
Sunday 6th November , 9.30am to 4.30pm
Sunday 13th November, 9.30am to 4.30pm
Sunday 20th November, 9.30am to 4.30pm
Saturday 26th November, 9am - 12.30pm
Juniors 7 to 12 yo learn to sail on Albert Park Lake through Tackers programs conducted by Australian Sailing's Albert Park Boatshed. Details on https://www.theboatshed.net.au/home/.
Where juniors have completed Tackers programs or are part of a family group wanting to Learn to Sail you can contact us via email@example.com on taking next steps in sailing with Albert Sailing Club.
Registration and Fees :
Expressions of interest Registrations are now open for the two Spring Learn to Sail programs.
Program #1 Expressions of Interest are being accepted and close at 9pm on Thursday 29 September.
Program #2 Expressions of Interest are being accepted and will close in late October or earlier if program fully booked.
Emails with Booking links will be sent by the Course Administrator to those who have registered an Expression of Interest.
Albert Sailing Club training programs are provided for club members, with a per person course fee.
The online membership application process and fees for 2022/23 season from 1 October are in Join the Club
The Albert Sailing Club fee for a Learn to Sail Program has been heavily discounted for 2022/23 season with a grant and set at $50 per person.
The regular fee is $220 per person. Hence, it is a great time to undertake course at Albert Sailing Club.
Register Expression of Interest for one of the Spring Learn to Sail programs using the 'ASC Learn to Sail Spring 2022 link' on https://albertsailingclub.wildapricot.org/
If there is more than one person in your group, provide their details in the online field provided.
Enquiries can be directed to Don or Rod via firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn to Sail Course Inclusions
• Approximately 22 hours of tuition.
• All course materials, boats and life jackets are provided
• Albert Sailing Club is an accredited Australian Sailing Discover Sailing Centre that has been conducting Learn to Sail courses for over 40 years.
This course covers Australian Sailing's Start Sailing Levels 1+2. Participants learn to rig a sailing dinghy, launching and retrieval of boats, the basic sailing skills including tacking gybing and the main points of sailing, capsizing procedures, tying knots, and the basic rules of sailing.
• Programs are are taught by qualified Australian Sailing instructors and where required aided by experienced sailors.
• After successful completion of the course participants can enjoy involvement in the activities of Albert Sailing Club. They also able to sail a club Zest training boat up to 5 times at no cost on designated monthly club Saturday sailing mornings, subject to approval based on weather conditions, boat availability, and the skill level of the participant.