ASC Bath tub Boats competition, September 2020
The competition is simple – design and build a sailing boat!
It can be any boat from any era… the choice is entirely yours!
The competition is designed to be completed entirely from home.
Online Entry by Wednesday 23 September. Photos of completed boats by Wednesday 7 October.
The simple rules are :
1. Lead boat builders can be ASC Members or an ASC Contact. Assistance from family and friends permitted (maintaining relevant social distancing at all times)
2. Boat must be homemade and built from scratch.
3. Boat materials completely open with no requirements regarding construction. Materials could be wood, metal, plastic, or whatever.
4. Boat length no smaller than 20cm and no larger than 50cm. Name on rear of boat.
5. Boat to have two or more sails. UPDATE Sail Number on one of sails either 'ASC 2020' or your favourite Sail Number
6. Boat must float, with photo submitted to show the ‘seaworthiness’ of boat in a full kitchen sink, a bathtub, or a manmade or natural waterway.
3 Prize categories :
1st ASC family, 1st ASC individual (adult or junior), 1st ASC Contact (not current ASC member).
ASC family can be parent(s) & 1 or more children or grandparent(s) & 1 or more grand children from same family.
Prizes of item of ASC merchandise - windcheater, polo shirt, cap or beanie. Up to 3 items for Family category.
How to Enter
Online Entry Form to be completed by 2000 on Wednesday 16 September.
via Bath tub Boats link under Upcoming Events on https://albertsailingclub.wildapricot.org/
Entry completion Submit boat name and builder names with 3 photos in a batch to email@example.com after 17 September and at latest by 2000hrs Wednesday 30 September.
Photo 1 - picture of boat in construction phase Photo 2 - picture of boat with boat builders Photo 3 - picture of completed boat (closeup, portrait mode)
Judging by popular vote in early October.
Social Sailing Days : currently suspended due to the Corona virus situation
Generally once per month on a sunday in the warmer months, the club will be open for social sailing from 10am to 3.30pm. This provides a good opportunity for club members and their guests to come down and enjoy the club facilities and take a non-competitive sail on Albert Park Lake.
People who are interested in learning more about Albert Sailing Club and sailing on Albert Park Lake are most welcome to come down as visitors. If it is a good day we may be able to give you a try out Discover Sailing Experience.
Club members can sail their own boat or make use of a club boat depending on your experience level and the weather conditions. The clubhouse and decking are available for socialising and relaxation. The BBQ and galley can be used for lunch and tea/coffee, etc. during the day.
Check our weekly Thursday Snippets (website Home Page or email subscription) in week preceding for further information. If you have an enquiry send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org