Welcome to the Albert Sailing Club
Founded in 1948 as a family oriented club which promotes dinghy sailing for people of all ages, genders and levels of experience.
Over the years many people have developed and enjoyed their sailing at Albert Sailing Club. They have progressed to be people who enjoy sailing socially; many to be good club level racing sailors; and in quite a number of cases state, national or international champions. Tom King, multiple world champion and Olympic sailing Gold Medallist in 2000, learnt to sail and developed to be a world champion at Albert Sailing Club in the 1980’s and early 90’s.
This is 'The Famous Nursery Club', with emphasis on youth and strong family promotion - Training in all aspects in a friendly safe environment. Albert Sailing Club Inc. is an official Australian Sailing Training Centre.
Visitors are always welcome. Contact one of our committee members whose details are listed under the "Club" menu tab and arrange for you to come out onto Albert Park Lake for a close-up look at the action. Or just come down to the club on a Saturday and speak with the friendly members.
The Albert Sailing Club is open:
Saturdays: Big 'Home Fleet' Racing every Saturday afternoon ALL YEAR ROUND.
Sundays: Club rooms open selected days, social events, sailing.
Twilights: Tuesdays/Wednesdays during daylight saving, 6pm start. See the Thursday Snippets in the side bar, or under the "Communications" tab, for more information.
- well appointed Clubhouse
- balcony with views over Albert Park Lake
- boat rigging on grassed areas
- secure boat storage in undercover racking area
- rescue craft
- sailing school with club boats
- change rooms with toilets and hot showers
- bar facility open after racing
- bbq area
- parking for members and visitors
Albert Sailing Club provides a year round program of sailing, training and social events.
Club facilities have been built up over more than 70 years for use by members and their guests and include:
* a well appointed double storey clubhouse close to the edge of Albert Park Lake, with a kitchen/galley, sizeable function area, informal eating areas, toilets and change rooms.
* a large undercover boatyard is provided for storage of club training and member boats. Boat racks for new members, if required, are either middle or top level racks, with a boat lifter available.
* there are grassed rigging areas with sloping water's edge decking which provides easy access to Albert Park Lake; arguably the safest and most accessible sailing venue in Victoria.
We sail each Saturday except long weekends and Easter.
New Members and
Queries on How to Start Sailing
Club Races start at 2.30pm each Saturday. Information sessions are held 45 minutes before the start of the first race.
DISCOVER SAILING PROGRAMS
Learn to Sail Programs